Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thought for Sunday June 28th

When I'm on a budget, it's easier for me to splurge on other people than to spend money on myself.

Today was my Dad's birthday, and I can say I went outside of my budget getting his presents. (On top of his big gift, I spent about $14 running around to various seedy gas stations and buying the pink coconut Sno Ball desserts he likes). Hahah. And yet I will spend *weeks* debating the best time to order that used book off of Amazon that I really want. And you know what? I'm happy about that. The money I make isn't mine...it's been given to me from God. And I love using the little bit I have to put a smile on somebody else's face. There are times when I regret how selfish and self-serving I can be, so when I find these times when I realize I am capable of reaching outside of myself, I thank God for giving me wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment